Do you feel trapped and unfulfilled in your present position? It’s not just you. According to statistics, people change occupations six times on average over their lifetime, frequently due to a lack of satisfaction or fulfillment in their current position. A career as a dental assistant offers the work-life balance many individuals desire, as well as the profound gratification of knowing that one is making a difference in the lives of others. You might be curious about what dental assistant school is like if you’re thinking about enrolling in our Dental Assistant School in Waco, Texas.
Similar to dental hygienists, dental assistants must complete education requirements before receiving their certification to work in a dental practice. Dental assistant programs are certificate programs that can be finished in as little as 12 short weeks, unlike dental hygienist programs, which generally last for several years.
School for dental assistants combines classroom instruction with practical, clinical work. During this clinical work, students will practice chairside assistance, clinical rotations, and computer applications while acquiring skills through interaction with actual patients. It depends on the person whether they think dental assistant school is complicated or simple. Dental school is made simpler by having particular abilities, such as attention to detail, interpersonal skills, general organization, and talent.
What is Dental Assistant School Like?
The 12-week dental assistant program offered by Sanger Education is an investment in your future. Compared to other programs that take up to a year to complete, our accelerated training program allows you to spend less time in the classroom and obtain your dental assistant certificate in Central Texas sooner.
Unlike many school environments where learning is mainly accomplished by listening to monotonous lectures and reading boring textbooks, our approach is more hands-on. We are excited to offer extra online modules and at-home tools to supplement our in-person labs and provide a complete course for all types of learners. Students will complete reading assignments, online tests, lectures, and activities throughout the course. You will receive thorough training in all course components to help you become a highly skilled dental assistant professional.
Our courses are designed to include a four-week externship at an actual dental office, two weeks of hands-on training, and six weeks of online lectures. The first six weeks are entirely online, so you may finish them whenever it’s convenient for you at home. There will be in-class time on Fridays and Saturdays in weeks seven and eight. Following that, your four-week externship will start.
In your very first lesson, you’ll start to acquire the practical skills you’ll need for a career as a dental assistant. You’ll get a quick introduction to the dental industry that covers:
- Physiology and anatomy.
- Dental billing and charting.
- Dental technology and equipment.
- What a dental assistant does, and how to collaborate with dentists, hygienists, and lab workers.
Then, we’ll go into crucial subjects like:
- Sterilization, disinfection, and treatment room maintenance – become proficient in performing mouth rinses, sterilizing a treatment area, and using various dental tools.
- Learn how to take and develop dental x-rays using radiography safety and methods.
- Discover more about handpieces, burs, and handheld dentistry equipment for cement and dental impressions. We will also cover the usage of dental cement.
- Discover the functions of amalgam and composite fillings, how fillings are maintained and how to make temporary crowns in restorative dental care.
- Assisting a dentist during oral surgery, root canals, scaling, and denture insertion—assisting with specialist dental procedures.
- For cosmetic dentistry, you will create a personalized night guard and tooth whitening tray and learn about other cosmetic dental procedures.
- Learn vital first aid techniques and obtain your CPR certification from our qualified teachers.
Dental Assistant School in Texas
There are many reasons you might pursue a career as a dental assistant. For instance, a career as a dental assistant may be the appropriate choice for you if you enjoy the prospect of working in a fast-paced and dynamic atmosphere because you’ll be collaborating with dentists, dental hygienists, and other dental assistants. A dentist’s practice never has a typical day. Additionally, the ability to assist others makes working as a dental assistant a fulfilling profession for many. If you are looking into a dental assistant school in Waco, Texas, enroll in Sanger Education.