What Makes A Great Dental Assistant?
If you are interested in becoming a dental assistant in Waco, Texas, and are wondering if the field will be right for you, here at Sanger Education Dental Assisting School we can help! Why are dental assistants great? What makes a great dental assistant? Well, here are the top 10 skills that you will need to have to be a great dental assistant.
- Compassionate. In order to be a great dental assistant, you need to have compassion for both the job and the patients. Many patients are nervous before coming to their dental appointment. You need to be a calming presence to help ensure your patients’ needs are being met.
- Cheerful. Dental assistants are generally social butterflies. They love interacting with patients. They are typically cheerful people who love their work and it shows!
- Good listener. As a dental assistant, your job is to listen to the patients, understand what issues they might be having, and relay this information back to the dental hygienist or dentist.
- Multitasker. Dental assistants must be able to multitask. There are many duties that you will perform as a dental assistant. You have to be able to do it all and often at the same time.
- Prepared. Organization is a must if you want to be a dental assistant. Even a simple procedure has a lot of steps. During a procedure, you have to know what comes next and anticipate what the dentist needs before, during, and after the procedure. That is why being prepared and organized is key.
- Dedicated. So much relies on the dental assistant. You have to be dedicated to your work.
- Versatility. You have to be a quick worker. Your job duties are varied and can change on a daily basis. As a dental assistant, you will be required to jump in and help so you have to be able to switch gears, work quickly, and be flexible.
- A Communicator. Communication is a must. You will be interacting with a lot of people which means you have to be able to communicate with the doctor, the staff, the patients, and the families of the patient effectively.
- Professional. Everything that the dental assistant does reflects on the dental practice. So being dependable, flexible, and punctual are all characteristics that you will need to show professionalism.
- Team player. You have to be able to work well with others. You might have noticed that a dental assistant has many job duties. These require you to work with the whole staff. From the front office staff to the dental hygienists, to the doctors – you have to work with them all. You need to be a team player.
If you think you have the skills it takes to become a dental assistant in Waco, Texas and are looking for the best dental assisting school in Central Texas, look no further. Here at Sanger Education Dental Assistant School, we offer a 12-week, accelerated, hands-on, comprehensive training that prepares you for a career with a wide range of opportunities to give you better job options in the future. Enroll today!